Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Day 15: genocide

Genocide- the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.

I saw these two birds fighting with each other. The magpie was attacking this other bird. For what reason, I'll never know; I can assume, but I'll never truly understand why one was trying to destroy the other. From this picture, the birds don't look all that different from each other; they look the same. At the end of the day, they're both birds. No matter their differences, they're birds. Their feathers may look different, one may be stronger than the other, one may live differently than the other, but they are made the same way.

I'll never know why these two birds were fighting and why one was trying to destroy the other; and likewise, I'll never understand why humans try to destroy humans because of petty differences. But if injustice made sense, it wouldn't be injustice.

For more information about genocide visit Genocideintervention.net

 

No comments:

Post a Comment